Enabling better accessibility
Central Hall Westminster prides itself on being a responsibly-run organisation. As part of this we are deeply committed to making both our venue and our events as accessible and inclusive as possible for all visitors, regardless of ability.
You can also access our accessibility statement a useful .pdf document for you and your delegates
Our accessible features include:
- Step-free access to our building from nearby Westminster underground station
- Low-level doorbells at our main entrance on Storey’s Gate and at our Tothill Street side entrance
- Two large passenger lifts from our Storey’s Gate entrance, allowing access to our café, all floors of our building, and all meeting rooms with exception of those on Level Two (lift dimensions: 1.1m width x 1.2m length x 2.1m height, with actual door width of 0.80m and max load of 450kg)
- A ramped entrance from our Tothill Street entrance, leading to a step-free Ground Floor corridor
- Disabled evacuation lifts at the front and rear of the building, with fully-trained operating staff
- Clearly marked disabled refuge points, with a direct intercom to Reception
Our visitors can also benefit from:
- A Personal Evacuation Plan in the event of an emergency, as agreed with their Event Manager
- Automatic door openers on every floor
- Accessible toilets located throughout the building
- Built-in induction loops and hearing assistance in our Great Hall. We can cater for up to 30 people, and additional numbers may be accommodated with prior notice
We also have the capability to install accessible systems in various other rooms on request. Contact us to find out more, or to let us know how else we can be of assistance with your forthcoming event.