The completed refurbished cafe
In August 2018, one of our quieter periods in the venue, Kudos and the CHW team worked together to completely refurbish Wesley’s café on the lower ground floor. The aim was to create a modern and brighter café, which still complemented the beautiful building that it is housed in, as well as creating an engaging and inviting space with new counter spaces and furniture.
Whilst the renovations were taking place, Kudos set up a temporary café in the Aldersgate room, just next door to the original café, allowing service to continue as normal for our patrons and visitors.
What did we do?
- The parquet flooring was cleaned and resealed, transforming it and adding to the overall lighter and brighter look.
- A new coffee bar was installed, separate to the main meal service area, to make it a quicker and more efficient service for those just wanting a quick snack or drink.
- More pay points have been installed, again making it quicker and more efficient and eliminating the long queues during busy periods.
- New digital screens were installed displaying daily menus and allowing for instant menu changes, reducing printed waste.
- The whole space has been rebranded and refreshed with a brighter, cleaner, fresher and more modern look and feel.
- A range of different types and styles of seating areas have been created, to produce a relaxed and inviting space. Banquet seating with power sockets which are ideal for working over a coffee. New tables and chairs for meal times, which are ideal for groups and families. Other more comfortable seating with round tables, great for business meetings or a chance to comfortably enjoy a break.
- Our Head Chef has designed new menus with more choice on both the breakfast and lunch time offer.
- A live cooking station has been installed, where one of our chefs cooks a variety of dishes in front of the customer, allowing for more customer interaction and the opportunity for customers to tailor-make their own dish.
- Some vital structural works have been carried out, such as the glass in the conservatory area which was re-sealed and strengthened.
- Emir, our wonderful new café supervisor joined the team, to oversee the day to day running of our brand-new café.
Come and visit us and see it for yourselves! You can also book online for parties of between 8 and 50 people…Book now!
Pics of the during the works…it was rather dusty!