Central Hall - a great location for film, stills and radio
The venue became well known as a public film location during the Royal Wedding in 2011 and featured in many blockbuster movies:
Jekyll & Hyde (1990) - Michael Caine
Calendar Girls (2003) - Helen Mirren, Julie Walters
Located directly opposite Westminster Abbey, this venue overlooks London's most prestigious sites.
- total of 8 roof terraces with views of Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, London Eye, The Shard
- closed balcony overlooking west entrance of Westminster Abbey (Royal Celebrations)
- exclusive 360degree panorama of the entire city of London (dome, used as lookout point during WWII)
- beautiful Grade II listed venue with large theatre style entrance doors and drive way
- 22 rooms of variable sizes with many original features, e.g. chandeliers, fireplaces, cornicing
- Great Hall, a 2,039 seat auditorium with balcony rank, holding the largest European ceiling of its kind
- Great Organ, 4,731 pipes installed by Hill & Sons dating 1912
- Great Staircase, 55 steps, two flight staircase - design came from the Opera House in Paris
- Great Hall Foyer, columns and pilasters carved from Italian Arno Alto marble
- many interesting back areas such as the copula of the dome, long corridors and hidden walkways
We have worked with many film companies including BBC, CBS, ITN, ABC, NBC, CBC who value the range of rooms available for press offices, interview studios, changing and green rooms.
- Pre-installed BT Fibre Broadcasting lines
- 1GB Ready fibre connections with Exponential-e’s Media department
- ISDN2e Lines
- Full 3 phase power available in most areas
- Cable infrastructure throughout building, even onto the roof spaces!
- In-house IT
If you require further information on our systems, please do not hesitate to contact;
Kim Wright, IT Manager
Tel: +44 (0)207 654 3869 or email.